10 February 2008

Irony.

Amy Winehouse wins Grammy for "Rehab."

I'm sure you've heard the song, right? With the chorus that goes something along the lines of "They tried to make me go to Rehab, and I said no, no, no."

She's the UK's own Britney of the moment, except instead of an "inbred swamp thing," she's a nice Jewish girl from London with the voice of a soulful black lady, a WASPy eating disorder and a ghetto-worthy drug problem to boot. And the reason she couldn't attend the Grammy's in person was in part because she was denied the Visa she applied for FROM REHAB.

Art, life, life, art. Bravo, to both of you. No no, take a bow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amby! Love the blog. Love the life/art/art/life thing. You are so funny and brilliant! I want to catch up soon . . . I have been getting home too late and missing out on call-back opportunities, but I miss you and am looking forward to some quality chats! xoxo, Jojo