03 September 2008

Dispatch From A Roadtrip I'm Not On: Day 2 [Now With Brackets]

Joosh's words as they streamed in on the intertubes. [My comments in brackets].

Day 2: Klamath Falls to Reno, to meet up with OMT. 271 Miles.

Hitting the road. 10:31am. [Looks like he's pulling out of a gas station. Nice that gas prices have dipped, but I hope it doesn't put America back in their SUVs.]


42 miles south of klamath falls on Hwy 39. I think that is the back side of mount shasta. [At first I thought he was retarded - I mean joking - but if you enlarge the pic, the tip of a glacial-topped mountain does indeed rise above the rest smack in the center of the photo, just to the left of the tree in the middle of the frame]. 215 miles to go. Cold, windy but beautiful.

This [gravel] will slow you down when you ride on two wheels.
Eagle lake 25 miles NW of susanville.

There are a lot of sea birds here. A bunch of pelicans just flew over head. [254 miles from the coast, mind you.]


Hopefully there is some good food in the next town cuz I'm starving. [You can imagine, I'm sure, how hard it must be for a vegetarian to find decent food on the road? Especially the more inland he gets? I wonder if this will be the thing that breaks him...]

From Nevada looking back at California. [So standing in Sodom, looking back at Gomorrah? Commence with the hookers.]

[Joosh and OMT met up in Reno and stayed with a friend of OMT, an interesting sounding fellow basically manages his wealth for a living. (Why wasn't that an option on my career aptitude test in High School, hmmm?). He is modest, drives normal cars, no flash, but does own a hill in Reno on top of which is a house with exceptional views. That is the only thing I know about him, other than that his wife is a teacher and that they were kind enough to put up the stinky sweaty roadsters for a night. Gracias, nice humble rich stranger man.]

So vicarious road tripping: Are we having fun yet? Oh just wait. Just you wait and see.

Next up: Further traverses into the interior, into the more misunderestimated sections of this great nation. Places you and I might not want to live forever, but people do. People do.

4 comments:

Bexy said...

In those quiet places, all the residents hear are the voices in their heads.

Then they emerge from the shadows as tow-truck drivers who apply hooks to plastic bumpers when the car is in PARK and assure you that they know what they are doing.

Amber said...

F, Rebecca, that's twice in one day that you've got me laughing out loud in my empty apartment like a lunatic. Awesome.

Those were some good f'in memories, am I right? Maybe? A little? How come you're not laughing...

Jesus, how did we survive?

Bexy said...

Oh man, I think it's totally funny, especially the moment where Mark, Jess and Seth thought I was going to blow my effing lid after the bumper was pulled off the car.

I still think it's scary that once we burned that goddamn pic of Bob Dob things were fine.

I was looking at pics back from that era and I can't effing believe how we got through it. But of course, we didn't know any better!

Aaronzjgn said...

In fact, giving a sick plant more fertilizer may seal its fate. When organic lawn care companies or people talk about organic lawn care, they are referring to a lawn care fertilization program. Chicken litter is often used as fertilizer, so that the phosphorus value can be recovered. Turf Trust is a revolutionary lawn fertilizer.